Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII > FFXIII Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Mar 13 2010, 02:26 AM   #1
kuchi
Highwind

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default "Best" weapon question

With so many weapons to choose from what is best to upgrade. I have seen most people agreeing on the Lionheart for Light but for others? Vanilles would be the Belladona? Its nice that theres a lot of options but was wondering what are peoples opinions of I guess "end game" set up.
kuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13 2010, 10:08 PM   #2
vortey
Moogle

i also had this problem this is one of many things that lead me to buying the stat guide. i looked at each characters stats and the weapon stats and effects and this iswhat i came up with . it might nt be right but it made sense to me.

SAZH

Procyons- Very good chain builder - also increases time in stagger buy 10% ( 30% in 3rd stage)

or

Spica defenders - increases buff time by 40% - 80% in 3rd stage

or

antares deluxes- chain bonus boosts ( not sure what this means but book sounds impressed withit)

LIGHT

lionheart - causes quicker staggers

Gladius - commando weapon good strength ( no effects but no negatives)

Edged carb -ravenger weapon very good magic ( no effects but no negatives)

Axis black - Very fast (ATB CHARGE)

SNOW

Paladin - improved guard - sent weapon

umbra- improved ward - party takes less damage from area attacks - sent weapon

feymark - ravenger weapon

HOPE

Hawkeye - high magic , no negatives , no ability

Otshivrani- siphon boost , use fearsiphon to speed up attacks on staggered enimies

VANILLE

Pearlwing - Medic, Ravenger , Synthsis - good magic no negatives

Belladona wand - improved debuffs

FANG

pandora spear - sabotour - boosts success rate of ebilitation

Taming pole - stagger lock - presents oppertunites to recharge TP

like a siad this isnt nessisairly correct and personally i would like to hear peoples opinions on it

but this is a selection of what i thought would be best for each character and the rolls i intend to set them on
vortey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15 2010, 02:27 PM   #3
kuchi
Highwind

Surprised more people havent voiced their opinion! One thing I am still unclear about is how some of the base stats affect the actual damage done. Lets say Light as ATK. Is all of the damage done just dependant on MAG stat or a combination of STR.

Thing is that each character can do different roles. Lets look at Vanille. She can heal as well as debuff. You want ideally want both the weapons made? Maybe someone that has tested most peoples and made conclusions could say what they have found.

I have only tested a couple to early tier 2 level so I cannot say, still working through chapter 11 but getting sidetracked with the missions .....
Old Mar 15 2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Pinksmartie69
Moogle

is there actaully any ultimate weapons like in FFX or are the ultimate weapons just fully upgraded weapons...
Pinksmartie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19 2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Covertsemaj
Moogle

Lightning - Gladius - Helter Skelter - lvl 45 , lovely high hits,
I cannot seem to find a way of making ANY money to buy the upgrading materials, best way seemed to be the incentive chips which you mentioned before, but im way past that. I'm not on Gran Pulse, any decent Gil farming?
Covertsemaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19 2010, 02:22 PM   #6
Frostbitten
Moogle

Gil: 600 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covertsemaj View Post
Lightning - Gladius - Helter Skelter - lvl 45 , lovely high hits,
I cannot seem to find a way of making ANY money to buy the upgrading materials, best way seemed to be the incentive chips which you mentioned before, but im way past that. I'm not on Gran Pulse, any decent Gil farming?
Woah that's plenty high enough, but I guess it also depends on your Strength as well.. I wouldn't worry about Gil until you get the Chocobo Reigns on Gran Pulse, after that it's plain sailing for Gil and buying the materials needed (Sturdy Bone/Perfect Conductor).
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19 2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Covertsemaj
Moogle

Yeahh, i just can't seem to get the right tranformers for other weapons, i have all of the other characters weapons at starred.
Covertsemaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19 2010, 03:24 PM   #8
Falsate
Ixion

Gil: 300 [Donate]

Determining everyone's ultimate weapon depends on their Role efficiency and your strategy with battles. One character may have powerful weapons dedicated to Strength with Stagger Lock while the other characters can easily be charged with Staggering the enemy.

If you have all 8 Weapons maxed out for everyone, then your options become more lucid.
Falsate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19 2010, 05:37 PM   #9
kuchi
Highwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falsate View Post
Determining everyone's ultimate weapon depends on their Role efficiency and your strategy with battles. One character may have powerful weapons dedicated to Strength with Stagger Lock while the other characters can easily be charged with Staggering the enemy.

If you have all 8 Weapons maxed out for everyone, then your options become more lucid.
This. Basically its impossible to decide a best weapon. Took a while from when I started the thread. Probably better to say what "overall most useful weapon" rather than best.

- Yes you can return to Gran Pulse
- Chocobos become available after mission 14
- Best way to upgrade weapons (early) is using 36 Sturdy Bones then Superconductors
- Good early gil: sell Incentive Chips that drop from PSICOM mobs
- Good CP in Chp 11: Behemoth vs Wolf in the North West corner of the map by the save point
- Exceptional theorycrafting mechanic thread: http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/108/1085648p1.html
Old Apr 02 2010, 02:01 PM   #10
rotolo
Moogle

I'm having trouble deciding what job to focus on for each player. Also I don't fully understand the stagger system. I get that ravager's send the meter up fast but it drops very fast. It seems that the slower it builds the higher the % of the damage boost goes. Also i'm not sure I like the swapping of members and story lines.
rotolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03 2010, 08:49 PM   #11
nWo4life
Moogle

I find the weapon system in this game somewhat confusing. For lightning, is the last weapon called Omega Weapon, regardless of what you started off with?
nWo4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03 2010, 08:51 PM   #12
Falsate
Ixion

Gil: 300 [Donate]

All weapons will end up having the same ultimate weapon name. In this case, Lightning's ultimate weapon would be called "Omega" regardless of the initial weapon. The statistics and abilities of the initial weapon is the distinguishing factor here.
Falsate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09 2010, 08:00 AM   #13
RichardOBL
Moogle

I think that it's up to your own playing style which weapon suits you best. My main party for example is Lightning (as com or rav), Fang (as com, rav or sen) and Vanille (as rav, sab or med).
So for lightning I use an Omega Weapon created from Lionheart - Ultima Weapon. Because it has descent mag (rav) and str (com) + quick stagger which is always good.
For Fang I have a Kain's Lance created from Gae Bolg - Gungnir. This because of the str for com, the mag for rav en the improved counter for sen.
Vanille has a Nirvana from the Belladonna Wand - Malboro Wand. Very good mag for rav and med en improbed debuff for sab.

So I think everyone has to decide for them self what roles you give to your main party, and then watch the str/mag stats and the extra buff a weapons give.
But yeah... It took me a while to figger out which weapons to choice so good luck to you all and I hope more people will tell us what they use!!
RichardOBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2010, 09:20 PM   #14
loopout
Moogle

My choices were as follows (in parentheses are my second ultimates for those characters):
Light - Gladius (&now Hauteclaire too)/Fang - Taming Pole/Hope - Vidofnir (Hawkeye)/Snow - Power Circle (Sacrificial Circle)/Vanille - Pearlwing Staff (Marlboro Wand)/Sazh - Deneb Duelers (Rigels)

Though, during story play through I used Vanille's Marlboro to get the extra debuff probability for casting death (especially useful for beating Neochu (mission 55 and titan's trials) before u have ultimate weapons/accessories and maxed stats). Now I'm upgrading Hope's hawkeye just for the increased magic stats, and snow's sacrificial circle (reduced HP, but his' is rediculously high anyway) for more power/magic (although his magic is lowest).. upgrading the Hauteclaire and Rigels now for a more balanced strength:magic ratio.

The thing to keep in mind is when you're post-story/missions with maxed crystallarium/weapons/accessories it's all about offense (for the fun of it imo). I mostly use comx3, ravx3, sabx3, synx3, senx3 and medx3 (boosts some effects like buffs/debuffs when all characters are in the same role) as paradigms and so all characters play as each role... switching to tortoise decreases damage by 60% so not even hope can be hurt by oretoise's anymore

also, accessories will be upgraded eventually too so you wanna take this into consideration...
ex. my Fang has Kain's Lance from taming pole (921str/mag) with genji* and 3xknuckles*, with 4 knuckles her strength is 4100-4200 somethin, but with genji she deals way more damage at 3800-3900 strength. Also my Hope will have +4000 magic with the ultimate from the hawkeye and 4xmagistral crest* (3813 with the vidofnir - awesome for +buffs), as he doesnt benefit from the genji* (at least, not as much? correct me if im wrong plz

in terms of accessories I've enjoyed creating 9 kaiser knucles and 6 magistral crests so I can have 2 battle teams, one with 3 knucles + 1 genji per character (fang/light/snow) and another with 3 knucles + 1 genji on fang, 1 genji + 1 knuckles + 2 magistrals on light, and 4 magistrals on hope. it's awesome! so I aimed to make all ultimates that were highest in strength and magic to match these accessories and get stats over 4000 for both.

I can take out a shaolong gui in about 1 min or just over, and long gui in less than 5 or 6mins.. I think...and adamantoise are jokes to fight now ;D

anways, those are my thoughts on upgrades so far. peace
loopout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14 2010, 08:04 PM   #15
jamesdempsey0
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotolo View Post
I'm having trouble deciding what job to focus on for each player. Also I don't fully understand the stagger system. I get that ravager's send the meter up fast but it drops very fast. It seems that the slower it builds the higher the % of the damage boost goes. Also i'm not sure I like the swapping of members and story lines.

IF you hit with a commander first then the stagger gauge will drop slower. so if you do a full round of hits with lightning as a commander then switch to a paradigm with more ravagers the stagger meter will not fall as fast
jamesdempsey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2010, 08:00 PM   #16
jahill
Moogle

Default Gil and Stagger

The best way to make an enemy stagger for longer is to use com, rav, rav. Commando doesnt charge the gauge, but it slows it down tremendously. Also you can use debuffs like com, rav, sab. sabotage also helps increase the stagger gauge. The only way I have found you can make money on this game is through items. You have to sell them at the shop on your save points.

Now the players I am currently using are Lightning, Fang, and Hope/Vanille. Every weapon leans toward specific talents. Such as Light is equiped with Danubal, or whatever it's called I'm not in front of the game right now. I chose this weapon for her because it is 100% neutral. It has balanced magic and attack. It also has no draw backs as Omega Weapon. Fang is equipped with Taming Pole. This weapon is basically all out attack. It just so happens that fangs magic does ok on its own without the help of a weapon. She also only has Commando, Saboteur, and Sentinel to start out with, so magic isn't that big of a deal. Hope is equipped with the Hawkeye. This weapon is all out magic, and in my opinion is hands down the best weapon for him. So all together Lightning is equal in magic and attack, Fang is hardcore attack, and Hope is hardcore magic. Lightning and Hope both are capable of healing whole parties at a time, and towards the end anyone can learn at least cure. I said I use Vanille, but that's just when I get sick of the same paradigm. I sometimes put snow in when I'm facing an enemy that hits really hard and just have him use sentinel. He has way more HP than anyone else in the game so he's good for that. Vanille has decent buffing spells, ravaging spells, and can heal so she's pretty well useful. The problem is I haven't found a useful spot for Sahz. He seems pretty week overall, but I think I messed up and equipped him with Deneb Duellers. I don't think that was the right choice, so if anyone can give me useful insight as to how to use Sahz more usefully that would be much appreciated. So basically you need to be sure you know what the weapons are capable of before you start leveling them up. Unlike I did with Sahz.
jahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21 2012, 09:48 AM   #17
Veteran0525
Moogle

My weapon's are as follows:

Lightning: Blazefire Saber - Flamberge - Omega Weapon

Fang: Taming Pole - Venus Gospel - Kain's Lance

Hope: Otshirvani - Urubutsin - Nue

Vanille: Belladonna Wand - Malboro Wand - Nirvana

Sazh: Vega 42s - Altairs - Total Eclipses

Snow: Power Circle - Battle Standard - Save the Queen